Generally speaking, you might be feeling misread, discouraged and miserable. Also, you may be unable to communicate and pay attention to others. Or, it feels like you bear the weight of the universe, and maybe substance abuse has power over you. Do not be depressed; we are here to help. In fact, we can help you develop communication skills which will help you in every aspect of your life, not only addiction.
Communication Skills Training
Communication Skills Training is also referred to as social skills training (SST). Importantly, it coaches you on the best way to obtain the needed understanding while providing the means to manage difficulties and restore control over your life.
[su_list icon=”icon: play” icon_color=”#1bc2a1″]The benefits include:
- Heightened insight
- Development of coping skills
- Better oral expression
- Higher listening skills
- Power of words
Whatever we utter, the way we say it, and whenever we speak affects our relations.
[su_list icon=”icon: play” icon_color=”#1bc2a1″]Communication Skills Training coaches on social skills for:
- Interaction with others
- Management of social circumstances, particularly in the presence of drugs and alcohol
- Refusing drugs and alcohol
Social skills training closely relates to cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). In the same way, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is a combination that helps to replace the undesired behaviors with the desired, limiting inclinations to relapse.
[su_list icon=”icon: play” icon_color=”#1bc2a1″]Patients engage in activities that teach:
- Understanding body gestures
Furthermore, practicing provides you with the expertise to handle future circumstances where drugs and alcohol are present. Also, you learn suggestions on chit-chat and eye contact. For the most part, alcohol and drugs are used to eliminate social unease. Of course, enhanced chit-chat leads to the effective management of this challenge. In addition, role-playing in group therapy teaches refusal skills through practicing to say, “No,” whenever drugs and alcohol are offered.
[su_list icon=”icon: play” icon_color=”#1bc2a1″]Patients learn:
- Keywords for refusing drugs and alcohol
- Approaches for avoiding peer pressure
- How to request assistance from family and friends
[su_list icon=”icon: play” icon_color=”#1bc2a1″]Some of the methods a therapist might use to teach social skills are:
- Evaluation of the client’s objective
- Role-playing for clients to mirror
- Provision of reviews
[su_note note_color="#e6fcf7" text_color="#898989" radius="2"][su_service title="
Questions About Treatment and Rehabilitation?" icon="icon: phone" icon_color="#1bc2a1" size="34"][su_button url="tel:1-877-704-7285" style="soft" background="#1bc2a1" size="10" radius="0"](877) 704-7285[/su_button] Call now to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.[/su_service][/su_note]
” box_color=”#e6fcf7″ title_color=”#000000″ radius=”2″][su_list icon=”icon: play” icon_color=”#1bc2a1″]For an SST curriculum, the topic particulars are:
- Communicating upsetting emotions
- Managing traumatic circumstances
- Productive communication of anger
- Response to damaging guidance
- Dealing with substance abuse drug and alcohol alternatives
- Refusal abilities
- Adhering to directives
- Positivity on criticism
- Developing and sustaining limits
Control of Conflict
- Giving and taking
[su_note note_color=”#e6fcf7″ text_color=”#898989″ radius=”2″]
Benefits of Inpatient Rehabilitation
[su_list icon=”icon: play” icon_color=”#1bc2a1″]Inpatient care includes more benefits compared to outpatient care, and these include:
- Protection against relapse through the eradication of drug and alcohol access.
- Better support by the inclusion of exercise and relaxation techniques.
- Medically supervised care which effectively assists you through withdrawal plus the feeling of isolation is reduced by the company facing similar challenges.
- Minimal distractions, allowing you to concentrate on rehabilitation. Routine guidance sessions, amusement, and other activities provide stability while involvement in constructive exercises develops self-respect and assurance.
- Optimal nourishment through prepared foods affords you the psychological and physiological potency to remain true.
- A double probability of lasting results.
As a matter of fact, recent studies show clients who undergo social skills training double the number of sober days compared to those who did not, plus twice as many working days.[/su_note]
A Bright Future
Importantly, formulating communication skills assists individuals to handle conflict and sustain limits better by conquering disappointments and isolation. Furthermore, you benefit from enhanced self-respect and obtain secrets for kicking dependency. Also, practical communication skills will provide you with the ability to deal confidently with difficulties, ensuring a bright future. As can be seen, good communication skills are essential in recovery from addiction.
Given these points, choose inpatient care, and you will start your path to recovery and sobriety regaining control of your life. In addition, you will always have a reliable support network. Importantly, an inpatient addiction treatment facility will offer you one-on-one counseling as well as group therapy. In fact, in group therapy, you will interact with others who are experiencing the same issues as you. Also, in group sessions, you will have the support and encouragement of others and form friendships that may last a lifetime.
Contact New Beginnings to Learn More
In conclusion, at New Beginnings Rehab Center, we offer many different treatment modalities. Uniquely, we can design a program to fit your individual needs and preferences, among them Communication Skills Training. To learn more about the treatment programs we offer as well as about our facility, contact one of our informed representatives today. Again, they can answer any questions you may have.